26.6.09


so today, the final day. 
the day part of it: not very glamorous. 
SO HOT. and a hail storm? weird. 
anyways, i like getting dressed up. 
those hats were extremely uncomfortable though- and constantly tried to fall off. didnt really enjoy that part, but i guess it goes with the whole experience. we threw them in the air like you're supposed to..i didn't think about the fact that what goes up must come down. those hats have HARD EDGES and are quite painful went the hit your face. ouch. 
also, ive never said thank you so many times. i didnt really mind though, to be honest. 

well it was exciting, and weird, and sad. i really cant get over the fact that im done high school.. it doesnt feel real. 

there are so many people that i wonder if ill ever really see again. 
its an odd thing to say, but ill miss those people who i wasnt that great friends with. the ones that i liked and talked to sometimes but was never close with, that i know i wont just call up and say 'hey, lets hang out'. you'll still see you're close friends after high school, but those other people.. it sucks.
and, sounding like a huge geek, the teachers. ill miss some of those amazing teachers. 

its going to be a hard adjustment, everyone off doing there own thing (especially with me taking a year off and working)
im a little dejected thinking about next year.. im glad that i decided to take a year off, it feels like the right choice.. but i just feel like im going to be so lonely. all my friends will be off meeting new people, making new friends.. who am i gonna meet? 

i've started making a list of things that i have to do this coming year in my free time:
-learn to sew/make clothes
-knit a sweater 
-learn to drive (get my license) 
-get better at photoshop 
-get better at using my camera
-do more photoshoots
-paint and draw more

not a very exciting list thus far. i hope i actually do those things though.

i thought id cry at grad. 
i didnt. 


time for bed

2 comments:

Rachel said...

if that sweater you make happens to be my size and end up in my box... i will wear it. especially if it's made of soft comfy material. also for your list.. learn to knit socks. because if you made me a bunch of nice thick socks to keep my feet warm in my dungeon, you would be amazing. you would be just like a war wife. and i would be your war soldier. needing socks.

Luke Anthony said...

It felt particularly strange how dressed-up I felt I had to be, and then how little that ended up mattering.

Feeling similar. Of course I mean I'm gonna go to university and see other people, but I doooon't want to. I want some familiar face in an unfamiliar place... that'll be lonely too.

The good thing about the teachers is that unlike friends or people who as you said are sorta-known, they'll remain there at school, easily visited...

What seems odd to me when you say you can't believe high school is over, is how it feels unfair how late you started hanging out with our current friends and stuff. Seems like you've only been here for two years, instead of the four we're supposed to have.

Holy crap. On the other hand, looking back, we have lots to be thankful for. Imagine if almost any one person from our group didn't exist. We'd have missed out so bad. Thanks to God and to the school system for putting us all together like that, eh?